Voopoo Argus Z£14.95
Value for Money9.8/10
Ease of Use9.4/10
- Beautiful design with a great colour selection
- Straightforward and intuitive usage
- Compatible with all Argus pods
- Smooth airflow and instant puff response
- Airflow isn't adjustable
The Argus series has always featured some of Voopoo’s best technology. Although the first product in the series was an advanced pod mod, new Argus devices have become increasingly user friendly as the series has aged. The Argus Z is the simplest and most straightforward device in the Argus range. It’s perfect for a beginning vaper, and it’s arguably the best-looking device in the entire series. If you’re new to vaping or simply want a new pod system that’s sleek and undemanding, we think that you’ll be extremely happy with this device. In this review, we’ll explain how the Voopoo Argus Z works and describe the unique features that make it special.
How Much Does the Voopoo Argus Z Cost?
The Voopoo Argus Z kit is priced very affordably at £14.95. If you go through our link when purchasing, you’ll enjoy free shipping if your order is over £39.99. Your order will also ship the same day if it’s placed by 4 PM. The kit includes the Argus Z device along with one 0.7-ohm pod, a USB-C charging cable and an instruction manual. Voopoo Argus pods cost £7.99 per three-pack. We suggest adding at least one box of pods to your order to ensure that you won’t run out of pods unexpectedly.
Voopoo Argus Z: Specifications and Features
With the introductory information out of the way, it’s time to learn more about how the Voopoo Argus Z works. We’ll start with a list of the device’s basic specifications, and then we’ll continue with an overview of the unique features that make the Argus Z different from other vaping devices.
- Device Type: Refillable pod system with built-in coil
- Battery Capacity: 900 mAh; battery lasts through about two days of normal vaping
- Charging Port: USB-C, 0.7 amp; battery charges in about an hour and a half
- Pod Capacity: 2.0 ml
- Coil Resistance: 0.7 ohm (included) or 1.2 ohm (available separately)
- Firing Style: Automatic inhale-based firing
- Supported Vaping Modes: Regulated power delivery; device selects output power automatically based on resistance of installed coil
- All Voopoo Argus devices work with all Argus pods. The interoperability of the Argus platform means that you can switch between devices whenever you like without needing to buy new pods.
- The Argus pod has been redesigned with a new multi-seal base to prevent leaking. The pod has four air inlet holes and a U-shaped airflow pattern to ensure a super-smooth draw. In addition, the new iCOSM coil provides better flavour quality than ever.
- The Argus Z has multiple built-in safety protections including short circuit protection, overheating protection and battery cell monitoring.
- The pod attaches securely via a hidden magnet, creating a secure and reliable fit.
- The Argus Z supports charging via a USB-C to USB-C cable. Many vaping devices only work with A-to-C cables.
- The Argus Z looks fantastic. The aluminium outer shell has a gentle swirl pattern that looks great and provides a reliable grip. The pod is entirely translucent, making it easy to see how much e-liquid is left. Overall, the Argus Z has a striking appearance that should age very well.
How to Use the Voopoo Argus Z
Now that you have a basic idea of what the Voopoo Argus Z is and how it works, we’ll continue with a brief instruction manual explaining how to use the device. Whether you’re a new or experienced vaper, we think you’ll find the Argus Z very intuitive – but it’s still helpful to know what to expect when you open the box. In this section of our review, you’ll learn how to use the Voopoo Argus Z.
How to Charge the Voopoo Argus Z
To charge the Voopoo Argus Z, connect it to your computer using the charging cable included with the device. When the device is connected to a power source, the indicator lights on the front illuminate blue. When the lights turn green, the Argus Z is fully charged. Charging the Argus Z takes about an hour and a half.
How to Fill the Voopoo Argus Pod
To fill the Voopoo Argus pod, remove the pod from the device and open the silicone cover on the side. The pod’s filling port is under the cover. Add vape juice until the Argus pod is almost full and close the cover. Be careful not to overfill the pod. After filling and closing the pod, wait at least five minutes before you begin vaping. To prevent the pod’s wick from burning, it’s important to ensure that you’ve allowed plenty of time for the cotton to become completely soaked.
How to Vape with the Voopoo Argus Z
The Voopoo Argus Z is a puff-activated device with no controls. To use the device, simply puff on it. If the Argus Z is your first vaping device, the most important thing to know is that you shouldn’t use the same air pressure when vaping that you’d use when smoking a cigarette. If you use too much air pressure, you’ll get e-liquid in your mouth. Only puff as firmly as necessary to make the device turn on and produce vapour.
How Long Do Voopoo Argus Pods Last?
You can usually expect a Voopoo Argus pod to last several days – perhaps even weeks – before you need to replace it. It’s important to use a coil-friendly vape juice like VSAVI e-liquid to ensure that the pod will last as long as it can. If you use heavily sweetened e-liquid, you’ll need to replace the pod more often because sweeteners cause the formation of residue that reduces the pod’s flavour quality.
How to Fix Problems with the Voopoo Argus Z
We’ll conclude our Voopoo Argus Z review with a brief walkthrough of the things that you should do if your device isn’t working as it should. If you buy this device, one of the first things you’ll notice is that the instruction manual is extremely short – it doesn’t provide a lot of troubleshooting information. We’ll fix that by explaining what you should do if you encounter a problem with your Argus Z.
Voopoo Argus Z Not Charging
As we explained above, your Voopoo Argus Z should always light up when you connect it to a power source. If the light is green, the battery is charging – and if the light is blue, the battery is fully charged already. If the light doesn’t turn on at all, your Argus Z isn’t charging. Here’s what you should do.
- Replace the charging cable. Damage to the USB cable is the most common reason why a vaping device doesn’t charge.
- Try a different power source. We suggest always charging a vaping device through your computer’s USB port. If that doesn’t work, try a different computer or different port.
- Check the Argus Z’s charging port for lint or dust. Clean the port with a toothpick.
Voopoo Argus Z Not Hitting
The Voopoo Argus Z has no onboard controls and should always produce vapour when you puff on it. If your Argus Z isn’t hitting, follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem.
- Check the device to see if the lights are blinking when you puff on it. We explain the Argus Z’s error codes in the section below this one.
- Make sure that the Argus Z’s battery is fully charged. If the device’s lights don’t turn on when you connect the charging cable, use the section above this one to troubleshoot that issue.
- Remove the pod from the Argus Z and check under it for leaked e-liquid. If you find vape juice in the device’s chamber, dry it completely with a paper towel.
- If the Argus Z still isn’t working, try installing a different pod.
Voopoo Argus Z Blinking
If the Voopoo Argus Z blinks when you try to vape, it may mean that the device has encountered an error. In this section of our instruction manual, we’ll explain what the blink codes mean and what you should do about them.
- Argus Z blinks green once when you insert a pod: This is normal and indicates that the device has detected the installed pod.
- Argus Z blinks green once when you try to vape: This indicates a short circuit. Check under the pod for a leak and dry the device and the bottom of the pod with a paper towel. If the issue continues, replace the pod.
- Argus Z blinks green 10 times: This indicates that the battery is dead. Charge the device.
- Argus Z blinks green twice: This indicates that you’ve exceeded the device’s built-in puff limiter. To prevent overheating, the Argus Z limits puffs to a maximum of five seconds.
Voopoo Argus Z Leaking
If you see a little e-liquid in the chamber of your Argus Z when removing the pod, that’s completely normal because the heat from the pod’s atomizer coil will always cause a little condensation to form. It’s a good idea to dry the device and the bottom of the pod each time you fill or replace your pod.
If you see a substantial amount of e-liquid when removing the pod, the pod has leaked. This usually happens for one of three reasons.
- You’re puffing too firmly when you vape. The air pressure is forcing e-liquid into the pod’s atomizer coil, and it’s leaking out of the pod’s airflow holes. Puff gently.
- You’ve overfilled the pod. If you add too much e-liquid when filling the Argus pod, some of the vape juice will be forced out of the pod when you replace the silicone cover.
- The pod’s cover isn’t fully closed. Make sure that you close the cover completely every time you fill the Argus pod.
Is your Argus Z not working after a severe leak? Try removing the pod and blowing firmly through the Argus Z’s airflow openings whilst holding a paper towel over the top of the device. If the paper towel is wet, repeat the process with fresh towels until no more e-liquid comes out. If the Argus Z still doesn’t work, try putting it in a plastic bag with dry rice or desiccant packets for a few days.
Voopoo Argus Z Review: Final Thoughts
The Voopoo Argus Z is an absolutely lovely pod vaping system. The design is sleek and stylish – but it isn’t overly trendy, which should mean that it’ll age very well. The Argus Z is perhaps the most beautiful device in the Argus series, which is saying a lot because the engineers at Voopoo have always created products with great eye appeal.
As attractive as the Argus Z is, though, all of the eye appeal in the world wouldn’t matter if the device didn’t also offer great performance. Fortunately, that’s definitely the case with the Argus Z. Designed for maximum simplicity, the Argus Z is easy to fill and use, and the pod’s unique airflow configuration ensures a smooth, instantaneous response with every puff. The Voopoo Argus Z is ideal as a first refillable vape, and we think you’ll also love it if you’re an experienced vaper and want a device that’s intuitive and straightforward but doesn’t compromise on performance.
- Design is sleek and appealing without being overly trendy
- Very straightforward operation – just puff to vape
- Compatible with all Argus pods
- Unique airflow system provides instant puff response
- Adjustable airflow would have been a nice feature