V2 Cigs VSAVI E-Cigarette Cartridges£10.75
- Most similar vaping product to a tobacco cigarette
- Most tobacco and menthol flavours of any brand
- Twist-on design is simple and intuitive
- Low price with generous quantity discounts
- Can use refillable cartridges with same hardware
- Modest cloud production compared to some other vaping products
If you want to switch from smoking to vaping successfully, you need two things. You need flavours that you enjoy, and you need a device that’s simple to use and doesn’t make you feel as if you’re spending all of your time managing a gadget. Those things are true of all the best e-cigarettes, and they’re particularly true of V2 Cigs UK – one of the country’s oldest vaping brands.
The core V2 Cigs product is a cigalike that stores its liquid in pre-filled disposable flavour cartridges. A cigalike is basically what the name implies – it’s an e-cigarette that’s shaped like a tobacco cigarette. The V2 Cigs e-cigarette has been in production for many years, and the reasons for the product’s popularity are twofold. The first reason is that cigalikes offer certain benefits that you can’t get with any other type of vaping device – and the second reason is flavour. That’s what we’ll focus on in this review.
V2 Cigs VSAVI pre-filled flavour cartridges come in 14 flavours and four strengths ranging from nicotine free to 1.8% (18 mg/ml). If you buy the V2 Cigs e-cigarette, you’re going to need a regular supply of cartridges – and in this review, we’ll talk about what the experience is like.
How Much Do V2 Cigs E-Cigarette Cartridges Cost?
V2 Cigs e-cigarette cartridges start at £10.75 per pack of five. If you want to keep your costs as low as possible, though, you’ll want to buy larger packages because V2 Cigs UK offers generous discounts with higher order quantities. Here’s how the quantity discounts break down.
- Pack of 20 cartridges: £36.49 (£6.51 savings)
- Pack of 40 cartridges: £68.75 (£17.25 savings)
- Pack of 80 cartridges: £128.95 with free shipping (£43.05 savings)
- Pack of 100 cartridges: £159.95 with free shipping (£55.05 savings)
If you’re not sure which flavour to try first, your best bet is to try one of V2’s four sampler packs. The sampler packs cost £5.40 each and include the following flavours.
- Tobacco Sampler: Red Tobacco, Congress Tobacco, Sahara Tobacco, Gold Tobacco
- Menthol Sampler: Menthol, Peppermint, Green Tea Menthol, Bold Leaf Menthol
- Sweet Sampler: Chocolate, Cola, Coffee
- Fruity Sampler: Grape, Cherry, Vanilla
How Do V2 Cigs E-Cigarette Cartridges Work?
The V2 Cigs e-cigarette cartridge has a fabric wick wrapped around a hollow centre chimney with a heating coil in the middle. The wick holds the cartridge’s supply of e-liquid. When you use your e-cigarette, the heating coil vaporizes a portion of the e-liquid in the wick. Through absorption, the wick then equalises itself and brings more e-liquid toward the coil. This process continues until the cartridge’s e-liquid supply is exhausted. When a cartridge is empty, you’ll notice a significant change in flavour and a sharp decrease in vapour production. At that point, you’ll discard the cartridge and connect a new one to your e-cigarette battery.
How Long Do V2 Cigs Cartridges Last?
If you’re using the right nicotine strength for your needs and vape about as often as you would ordinarily smoke a cigarette, you can expect each V2 Cigs e-cigarette cartridge to last through about one full day of vaping. Some people with higher nicotine requirements may use more than one cartridge in a day. Either way, though, you can expect to spend significantly less on V2 Cigs cartridges than you would spend on cigarettes.
What Are the Best V2 Cigs E-Cigarette Flavours?
The V2 Cigs VSAVI pre-filled cartridge range includes 14 flavours in all at the time of writing, and one of the biggest features of the V2 e-cigarette is that it includes more tobacco and menthol flavours than any other brand. If you’re new to vaping, it’s likely that you’re going to want your first e-cigarette to resemble a tobacco cigarette as closely as it possibly can. After you’ve been a full-time vaper for a while, though, you might want to expand your flavour horizons a bit – and when you reach that point, V2 has plenty of options for you there as well. Here’s a summary of V2’s flavour options.
- Congress: Nutty and vaguely sweet, Congress has a flavour that’s very moreish and easy to vape all day.
- Gold Tobacco: Mild and smooth, this is the perfect option for those who prefer “light” cigarettes.
- Sahara: This flavour captures the Turkish tobacco blend of everyone’s favourite “desert” cigarette.
- V2 Red: This is the classic V2 tobacco flavour. It’s bold and straightforward, and it’s the most popular flavour in the V2 Cigs lineup.
- Bold Leaf Menthol: This is the flavour you’ll want to choose if you want something that resembles a menthol cigarette as closely as possible. It combines a smooth tobacco base with a chilly menthol finish.
- Menthol: This is the option you’ll want if you’re looking for a menthol flavour that’s as cold as possible and doesn’t have a tobacco note.
- Menthol Tea: This unique flavour pairs a menthol top note with a green tea base for a flavour experience unlike anything else.
- Peppermint: This is a slightly sweeter interpretation of a menthol e-liquid combining a top note of menthol with a peppermint candy base.
- Cherry: Cherry is one of the most popular fruity e-liquid flavours, perhaps in large part because cherry is a common additive in pipe tobacco.
- Chocolate: Dark and decadent, the V2 Cigs Chocolate flavour is perfect if you’re looking for something that combines sweet and savoury notes.
- Coffee: If you have difficulty finding a tobacco flavour that works for you, Coffee is the next flavour you should try. With its slightly bitter finish, you’ll find that it satisfies the palate in much the same way as authentic tobacco.
- Cola: Sweet and refreshing with a touch of complexity, Cola is a perfect recreation of perhaps the world’s most perfect beverage.
- Grape: There aren’t many grape e-liquids on the market today, and V2’s interpretation of that flavour is absolutely brilliant – it’s bold with just the right amount of sweetness.
- Vanilla: Vanilla is one of the most common additives used in the processing of tobacco, and that makes it a perfect e-liquid flavour.
What Are the Benefits of Pre-Filled vs. Refillable E-Cigarettes?
Compared to using a refillable vaping device, the biggest benefit of using a pre-filled e-cigarette like the V2 Cigs cigalike is that it’s a much more convenient vaping option. Apart from charging your battery periodically, the V2 Cigs platform requires no other maintenance – just use a cartridge until it’s empty and discard it. There’s no need to refill a tank or pod and no need to perform messy and bothersome coil replacements.
An additional benefit of pre-filled vaping devices is that they make switching flavours easy – just remove one cartridge and install another. With a refillable device, the only way to switch easily between flavours is by owning multiple tanks or pods.
One of the great things about the V2 Cigs platform is that it’s compatible with both pre-filled and refillable cartridges. You can use your V2 Cigs device with blank cartridges – which preserve the device’s cigarette shape – or you can opt for V2 EX blanks, which hold more e-liquid and produce slightly larger clouds. Both options pair well with V2’s VSAVI e-liquid, which we have reviewed elsewhere on this site. The best part is that V2’s VSAVI Platinum e-liquid is the same as the e-liquid used in the company’s cartridges – so you can switch from a pre-filled configuration to a refillable one without losing your favourite flavours.
What Are the Benefits of Cigalikes vs. Pod Systems?
Compared to vaping devices with pre-filled pods such as the Elf Bar Elfa, the V2 Cigs cigalike platform offers two important benefits.
- A cigalike is the only type of vaping device that looks like a tobacco cigarette. It’s the only type of vaping device that’s similar in size to a cigarette, and it’s the only type that you can hold between two fingers. Most people who choose cigalikes do so precisely because of the physical resemblance to cigarettes.
- The V2 Cigs e-cigarette is one of the oldest vaping devices on the market. It has been regularly refined and improved over the years, and many new flavours have been added along the way. At the time of writing, the V2 Cigs platform has 14 different flavours available. That’s more than any pre-filled pod system. V2 Cigs cartridges also cost much less than pre-filled vape pods, making them ideal for people who like to change flavours regularly throughout the day.
Can I Use V2 Cigs Cartridges with Other Brands of E-Cigarettes?
Yes. V2 Cigs cartridges use a type of threading called KR808-D1 and should work with other brands’ batteries that use the same threading type. For batteries with different threading types, V2 Cigs offers two universal adapters that can allow batteries with KR808-D2 threading (such as Green Smoke and South Beach Smoke) or RN4801 threading (such as VIP and Smoke Stik) to work with V2 cartridges.
V2 Cigs E-Cigarette Cartridges Review: Final Thoughts
If you’re a new vaper and are looking for an experience that’s as simple and straightforward as possible while feeling and tasting as close to smoking as possible, V2 Cigs VSAVI pre-filled e-cigarette cartridges will be perfect for you. No other brand offers more tobacco and menthol flavour options, and the best part is that V2 Cigs cartridges are extremely affordable. With prices starting at just £10.75 per pack of five and generous quantity discounts that can help you save even more, V2 Cigs cartridges can provide dramatic savings compared to cigarettes.
- No other vaping product feels more like a tobacco cigarette; perfect starting point for new vapers
- More tobacco and menthol flavour options than any other brand
- Extremely simple and easy to use – just twist on and twist off
- Low price with generous quantity discounts
- Can switch from pre-filled to refillable cartridges without changing brands
- Not ideal if you want a vaping device offering huge cloud production