Elf Bar Elfa Review: Perfect Alternative to Disposable Vapes£7.99
Value for Money9.7/10
Ease of Use9.4/10
- Extremely affordable at £7.99
- Includes one pre-filled pod
- Comes in all the most popular Elf Bar flavours
- Reduced waste and cost compared to disposables
- Pod lasts as long as a disposable vape
- Doesn't include a charging cable
Without a doubt, disposable vapes have been the most popular vaping products in the UK over the last few years. They’re convenient and easy to use. They’re tasty and super satisfying. For all of their benefits, though, disposable vapes have two major problems. The first is that they’re horrible for the environment. With few options available for recycling the devices, Britons throw away an estimated 5 million disposable vapes each week. That’s an enormous amount of lithium being thrown into landfills.
The more immediate drawback of disposable vapes for you as a consumer, though, is that they simply don’t last very long – and that makes them expensive. UK vaping regulations prohibit any pre-filled device from containing more than 2 ml of e-liquid, which means that no disposable vape legally sold here lasts longer than about 600 puffs. After that, you’ve got to buy a new device. In all, a disposable vape only lasts two or three days before you need to replace it. The costs can add up very quickly.
The new Elf Bar Elfa is a solution to the problems associated with disposable vapes. It’s a pre-filled pod system with a rechargeable battery, so there’s no need to replace anything but the pod when you’re out of e-liquid. The Elfa is unique among pre-filled vaping devices, though, in that the flavours are the same as the ones used in the popular Elf Bar brand of disposable vapes. That feature makes the Elf Bar Elfa ideal for new vapers and disposable vape aficionados alike.
So, how does the Elf Bar Elfa measure up? To learn more, you’ll have to read our review.
The Elf Bar Elfa has made our list of the best vapes in the UK! Click the link to view the full list.
Elf Bar Elfa Specifications and Features
We’ll start this review with a brief listing of the Elf Bar Elfa’s specifications along with an overview of the features that distinguish it from other vaping devices.
- Device Type: Pod system with rechargeable battery and pre-filled disposable pods
- Battery Capacity: 500 mAh
- Pod Capacity: 2.0 ml
- Nicotine Strength: 20 mg/ml
- Nicotine Type: Nicotine salt
- Charging Port: USB-C
- Number of Flavours: 12
- The Elf Bar Elfa has a simple design with drop-in magnetic pods and puff-based activation. There are no controls to learn – if the battery is charged and a pod is installed, the device simply works.
- The Elf Bar Elfa starter kit comes with one pre-filled pod, so you can audition the device for an extremely low cost before investing in a pack of pods.
- Elf Bar Elfa pods come in the same delicious flavours as Elf Bar disposable vapes. If you’re already an Elf Bar fan, the Elfa gives you the ability to transition to a rechargeable and refillable device without losing the flavours you love.
- Elf Bar Elfa pods use mesh coils to provide excellent vapour production. The device has a very sensitive puff sensor, so you’ll enjoy instant clouds without waiting for the coil to ramp up.
Elf Bar Elfa FAQ
If you’re considering buying the Elf Bar Elfa, there’s a good chance that you have a few questions about it. We’ve got the answers here.
How long does the Elf Bar Elfa take to charge?
The Elf Bar Elfa battery charges in about a half hour through the built-in USB-C port.
How many puffs are in Elf Bar Elfa pods?
An Elf Bar Elfa pod lasts up to 600 puffs based on an average puff length of about one second. In other words, each pod lasts about as long as an entire disposable vape such as the Lost Mary BM600S, which is also created by Elf Bar’s parent company. The pod has a transparent exterior, so you can simply look at it to see how much e-liquid is left. When the pod is empty, it produces a burnt flavour.
How long does the Elf Bar Elfa battery last?
When fully charged, the Elf Bar Elfa battery should provide just about enough life to use a full pod. If the light blinks when you puff on the device, it’s time to charge the battery.
Are Elf Bar Elfa pods refillable?
No. When an Elf Bar Elfa pod is empty, you’ll need to replace it with a fresh pod. If you’re looking for something different, our list of the best vapes in the UK includes several refillable devices.
What are the differences between the Elf Bar Elfa and Elfa Pro?
If you’re considering buying the Elf Bar Elfa, there’s a good chance that you’ve noticed the existence of another variation called the Elf Bar Elfa Pro. Apart from having a different selection of colours, the two devices are essentially the same from a hardware standpoint. The main difference is in the pods; Elf Bar Elfa Pro pods use a different mesh coil technology that’s newer and unproven but may provide slightly larger vapour clouds. The good news is that the choice between the Elf Bar Elfa vs. Elfa Pro doesn’t have to be a difficult one because the two types of pods are interchangeable between the two devices. Try them both!
Elf Bar Elfa Flavours: Which Ones Are the Best?
Here’s the full list of Elf Bar Elfa flavours available at the time of writing.
- Blue Razz Lemonade (included with starter kit)
- Blueberry Cotton Candy
- Cranberry Grape
- Kiwi Passionfruit Guava
- Raspberry Watermelon
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Kiwi
- Strawberry Raspberry Cherry Ice
The most popular Elf Bar Elfa flavour is definitely Blue Razz Lemonade, which explains why one pod is included with the kit. Blue Razz Lemonade is also the most popular flavour among Elf Bar disposables, with many fans calling it the best blue raspberry vape juice on the market. Blending sweet blue raspberry and sour lemonade with a bit of menthol for a cool finish, Blue Razz Lemonade is an easy all-day vape for many.
We also love the Strawberry Ice Cream flavour. Strawberry-and-cream flavour profiles have been extremely popular as long as premium e-liquids have existed, and this one strikes a perfect balance between fruity sweetness and creamy smoothness to create a dessert flavour that’s never overbearing.
How to Use the Elf Bar Elfa
If you’re new to vaping or have only ever used disposables, you’re going to love the Elf Bar Elfa because it’s designed to provide the same type of beginner-friendly experience that you’d enjoy with a disposable vape. To use the Elfa, you’ll need to do the following.
- Remove the device from the plastic pouch.
- Connect the Elf Bar Elfa to your computer with a USB-C charging cable to charge the battery. Watch the device’s indicator light. The Elfa battery is fully charged when the light turns off. The battery comes with a partial charge, so topping it up should only take a few minutes.
- Remove the pod from the Elf Bar Elfa. Remove and discard the sticker attached to the bottom of the pod. You’ll also need to remove the silicone plug from the mouthpiece.
- Put the pod into the device. The pod attaches via a strong magnet, so you shouldn’t have to worry about it falling out.
- Puff on the mouthpiece to vape. Use gentle air pressure and inhale the vapour in the same way that you’d inhale cigarette smoke.
Elf Bar Elfa Problems: How to Fix Them
Is your Elf Bar Elfa not working? The simple design of this device makes troubleshooting extremely easy because there are only a few things that can possibly go wrong. Here’s what you should do.
Elf Bar Elfa Not Hitting
If your Elf Bar Elfa is blinking or not hitting when you puff on it, follow these steps to fix it.
- Make sure that you’ve removed the sticker and plug from the pod. Until you’ve done both of those things, the Elf Bar Elfa will not work.
- Charge the battery fully. If the light blinks when you puff on the Elf Bar Elfa, the battery is probably dead.
- Remove the pod and look under it. If the chamber at the top of the device is wet or dirty, clean it with cotton swabs. Make sure that the bottom of the pod is also clean and dry.
Elf Bar Elfa Not Charging
If your Elf Bar Elfa doesn’t light up when you connect it to power – and you’re sure that the battery isn’t fully charged already – here’s what you should do to fix it.
- Try a different USB-C cable. One of the few drawbacks of the Elf Bar Elfa is that, in order to keep the cost as low as possible, the starter kit doesn’t include a charging cable. It’s possible that the cable you’re using is damaged or designed for data transfer only.
- Charge the Elf Bar Elfa through your computer and not through a mains adapter.
- Use a toothpick to remove lint and dust from the Elf Bar Elfa’s charging port.
Elf Bar Elfa Review: Final Thoughts
The greatest feature of the Elf Bar Elfa is that it provides virtually the same experience as a disposable vape in a device that’s refillable and rechargeable. If you currently use disposables, switching to the Elf Bar Elfa will dramatically reduce the waste that you generate by vaping. It’ll also help you save a great deal of money because a single pod lasts as long as an entire disposable device. Elf Bar Elfa pods cost just £5.99 per two-pack.
The other major benefit of the Elf Bar Elfa is its simplicity. To use the device, all that you need to do is charge the battery, drop in a pod and start vaping. Although fact that you need to charge the battery and replace the pod occasionally does add slightly to the level of complexity, the Elfa is still simple enough that you’ll feel completely comfortable with it in minutes even if you’ve never vaped before.
Elf Bar Elfa: Pros
- Starter kit is extremely inexpensive and includes one pre-filled pod
- Pods come in all of the most popular Elf Bar disposable flavours
- Significantly reduced cost and environmental impact compared to disposable vapes
- Each pod lasts as long as a disposable vape
Elf Bar Elfa: Cons
- Starter kit doesn’t come with a charging cable