Pod Salt Go 600£5.45
Value for Money9.5/10
Ease of Use10.0/10
- UK-made e-liquid
- Whistle-tip mouthpiece for wide vapour dispersal
- Cotton wick for maximum flavour quality
- Ergonomic design
- Salicylic acid additive is unique among nicotine salt e-liquids
- Slightly more expensive than disposables with Chinese-made e-liquids
In our list of the best UK vapes, we named Pod Salt (review) as the best brand of nicotine salt e-liquid. Made in the UK, Pod Salt is special because it’s specifically designed to please the palates of UK vapers and because it contains a unique ingredient. All nicotine salt e-liquid requires an added acid, which triggers the conversion of nicotine from its freebase form to its salt form. Benzoic acid is the most common acid used for this purpose. Pod Salt, however, is unusual in that it uses salicylic acid – which is found naturally in tobacco – to achieve the freebase-to-salt conversion. Pod Salt’s many fans have said that this makes the brand uniquely satisfying compared to other brands of nicotine salt vape juice.
As successful as Pod Salt e-liquid has been, though, it has failed until now to reach a major segment of the vaping market because it has only been available in bottled form. With the release of the Pod Salt Go 600, that has finally changed.
The Pod Salt Go 600 is designed in the UK and filled with UK-made e-liquid. It’s the closest thing to a UK-made disposable vape that’s likely to ever hit the market, and we expect it to become a smashing success. In this review, we’ll explain everything that you need to know about the UK’s hottest new disposable vape. We’ll also explain how to use the Pod Salt G0 600 and provide some steps that you can follow to troubleshoot your device if it isn’t working as you expect.
How Much Does the Pod Salt Go Cost?
The Pod Salt Go 600 costs £5.45 per device. This puts it nearly on par with other disposable vapes available in the UK, which is an impressive feat considering that the e-liquid is made domestically rather than in China. If you buy through the above link, you’ll receive same-day dispatch if your order is submitted before 4 PM and free shipping if your order total is over £49.99.
Pod Salt Go 600: Specifications and Features
The Pod Salt Go 600 might look like a fairly standard disposable vape apart from the fact that its e-liquid is UK made – and although this device is somewhat similar to other disposables in terms of its functionality, it actually has a few unique features that are the result of careful consideration during the design stage. Here are the specifications of the Pod Salt Go 600 along with the main features that make it different from other disposable vapes.
- Battery Capacity: 460 mAh; non-rechargeable
- Nicotine Strength: 20 mg/ml
- Number of Puffs: Up to 600
- Number of Flavours: 14 at the time of writing
- Activation: Puff-activated firing
- Indicator Light: Yes; light illuminates when device is active and blinks when battery is dead
- The Pod Salt Go 600 is one of the only disposable vapes on the market filled with UK-made e-liquid. The vast majority of the world’s disposable vapes use vape juice made in China.
- It has a pleasing ergonomic shape for easy holding and a whistle-tip mouthpiece for wide vapour dispersal.
- It uses a cotton wick rather than a silica or synthetic wick as most disposable vapes use. Cotton is far superior from a flavour standpoint and helps to make the Pod Salt Go one of the best tasting disposable vapes on the market.
What Are the Best Pod Salt Go 600 Flavours?
We’ll continue our review of the Pod Salt Go 600 with an overview of the different flavours that are available for this device. The Pod Salt Go 600 is available in 14 flavours at the time of writing. They are:
- Banana Ice: A bold and sweet banana base pairs beautifully with a mildly cool menthol finish.
- Blue Ice: Tastes like a bowl of ripe blueberries served over crushed ice.
- Cola Lime: If you’ve ever enjoyed a glass of cola with a squeeze of citrus, you’re going to love this one.
- Double Apple: A twist on the classic shisha flavour, this one is a combination of sweet red and tart green apples.
- Energy: A completely authentic citrus-tinged energy drink flavour.
- Fresh Mint: Crisp and slightly sweet mint flavour with a bracing menthol finish. Perfect if you’re looking for a neutral flavour for all-day vaping.
- Grape Ice: Tastes like frosty, cool grapes eaten straight off of the vine.
- Mango Ice: A tropical mango base with a chilly menthol finish.
- Mixed Berries Ice: Tastes like a mix of ripe summer berries served chilled out of the refrigerator.
- Orange Ice: Orange flavours aren’t common in the e-liquid world, and this one does the flavour justice with a sweet-and-tart base and a cold menthol finish.
- Pink Lemonade: Tastes like a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade served with a handful of berries.
- Strawberry Banana: The ultimate combination of fruity notes; tastes like a freshly blended smoothie.
- Strawberry Ice: Tastes like summer strawberries picked at the height of ripeness and served over ice.
- Watermelon Breeze: The refreshing cooling sensation of menthol pairs perfectly with this flavour’s sweet watermelon base.
One of the best features of the Pod Salt Go 600 is that all of its flavours are also available in bottled form. If you eventually decide to step up to a refillable vaping device, you can do so without losing the Pod Salt flavours you enjoy. Pod Salt e-liquid costs just £3.95 per bottle.
How to Use the Pod Salt Go 600
As with all disposable vapes, one of the greatest strengths of the Pod Salt Go 600 is its simplicity and ease of use. Even if you’ve never vaped before, using the Pod Salt Go will be second nature to you within minutes. Start by removing the device from its package and tearing open the inner foil pouch. Look for plugs covering the top and/or bottom of the device and remove them. To vape, just puff on the Pod Salt Go’s mouthpiece as if you were smoking a cigarette. You can continue using the device until the light blinks, which signifies that the battery is dead. At that point, it’s time to replace the Pod Salt Go.
How Long Does the Pod Salt Go 600 Last?
The Pod Salt Go 600 contains 2 ml of nicotine salt e-liquid with a strength of 20 mg/ml and provides up to 600 puffs before running out of vape juice. Depending on how often you vape, you can generally expect the device to last about 2-3 days before requiring replacement. Because it’s easy for a disposable vape to run out of e-liquid unexpectedly, it’s wise to buy several devices at a time when you stock up.
To ensure that your Pod Salt Go will last as long as it can, do your best to use the device only when you would have ordinarily smoked a cigarette. That way, you’ll only vape when you actually need the nicotine and won’t use the device mindlessly to keep your hands and mouth occupied.
How to Fix Problems with the Pod Salt Go 600
The Pod Salt Go 600 is an extremely reliable disposable vape. It’s manufactured by the thousands, though, and you may occasionally encounter a device that doesn’t quite work as you expect. If you experience a problem with your Pod Salt Go, these tips can help you fix it.
Pod Salt Go Not Working
Don’t forget that a disposable vape often ships with a silicone plug in the mouthpiece and a sticker or cap on the bottom of the device. These things help to prevent leaking or accidental activation in shipping. If your Pod Salt Go isn’t working, there’s probably a plug or sticker that you haven’t removed. If you’ve already done that, try puffing a little harder in case your device’s airflow sensor isn’t quite sensitive enough.
Pod Salt Go Leaking
If your Pod Salt Go leaks or spits e-liquid into your mouth, it means that you’re using too much air pressure when puffing, and e-liquid is being forced out of the reservoir and into the device’s airflow channel. When you vape, watch the light on the bottom of the device. Use only the amount of air pressure necessary to make the light turn on.
Pod Salt Go Blinking
If the Pod Salt Go blinks when you try to use it, it means that the battery is dead, and it’s time to replace the device. The Pod Salt Go is designed to have just enough battery life to consume all of the vape juice in the reservoir, so there’s no need to worry about vape juice being wasted when the battery dies.
Pod Salt Go 600 Review: Final Thoughts
As you’ve learned from reading this review, the Pod Salt Go 600 is the closest thing to a UK-made disposable vape that you’re likely to ever find. Designed in the UK and filled with UK-made e-liquid, this device occupies a unique position within the market and costs only a few pence more than disposables with Chinese-made e-liquids. We expect it to be a major hit.
- Disposable vape filled with UK-made e-liquid
- Whistle-tip mouthpiece and cotton wick help to ensure maximum flavour quality
- Ergonomic design feels great in the hand
- Salicylic acid additive is also found in tobacco and makes the experience uniquely satisfying
- Although the price is close, it’s slightly more expensive than disposables with Chinese-made e-liquids