- Very affordable and includes a free bottle of e-liquid
- Fashionable brushed metal exterior
- Physical power button provides locking functionality
- Excellent vapour production for a small device
- Two different pod resistances available
- Designed for mouth-to-lung inhaling only
The Innokin brand has always been famous for offering a wide assortment of great vapes for beginners. Devices like the famed Endura series are small, reliable and easy to use – almost everything a new vaper could possibly want. The one area in which small vape pens have traditionally lacked, though, is vapour production. That can be problematic in TPD regions because, with the nicotine strength of vape juice limited to a maximum of 20 mg/ml, small vapes often don’t produce enough vapour to provide a satisfying experience.
The Innokin Arcfire represents a new approach to small pod vapes. Although the Arcfire is inexpensive, stylish and highly pocketable, the impressive new Arc coil allows it to provide a level of satisfaction that was previously difficult or impossible to achieve with a small TPD-compliant pod system.
The Innokin Arcfire has made our list of the best vapes in the UK! Click the link to view the full list.
How Much Does the Innokin Arcfire Cost?
As you’d expect from a product designed to please first-time vapers, the Innokin Arcfire is an extremely affordable device. Purchased through our link, the Innokin Arcfire kit costs just £12.99 and includes a free bottle of e-liquid in your choice of 15 flavours and four nicotine strengths. It’s also a good idea to add a pack of Arcfire pods to your order. The pods cost £5.45 per two-pack and are available in resistances of 0.8 and 1.2 ohm.
What’s the Difference Between the Arcfire 0.8- and 1.2-Ohm Pods?
The Innokin Arcfire kit includes one pod with a coil resistance of 1.2 ohm. When you buy replacement pods for the device, though, you can choose between resistances of 0.8 and 1.2 ohm. Eventually, you’ll probably want to try both options. In case you’re a new vaper and are unfamiliar with terms like coil resistance, here’s an overview that can help you understand what to expect.
- When used with the 1.2-ohm pod, the Arcfire operates at a power level of 10.0 watts and produces clouds that are smaller and cooler. With this pod, the Arcfire will also have slightly longer battery life.
- When used with the 0.8-ohm pod, the Arcfire operates at a power level of 14.5 watts and produces clouds that are larger, warmer and more intense. Operating at a higher power level slightly reduces the device’s battery life.
Innokin Arcfire: Specifications and Features
It’s time for you to get to know the basics of how the Innokin Arcfire operates and what makes it special. We’ll start with a list of basic specifications, and then we’ll continue with an overview of the features that make the Arcfire different from other vape kits.
- Device Type: Refillable pod system
- Battery Capacity: 650 mAh
- Operating Power: 10.0 or 14.5 watts
- Charging Port: USB-C, 750 mA
- Pod Capacity: 2.0 ml
- Pod Resistance: 0.8 and 1.2 ohm
- Firing Style: Automatic puff-based firing
- Innokin’s new Arc coil technology provides some of the most impressive flavour and vapour production we’ve yet seen from a small pod-based vape pen.
- If you decide that the default 1.2-ohm pod doesn’t produce quite enough vapour for you, switching to the 0.8-ohm pod allows you to enjoy bigger clouds without buying a different device.
- The USB-C charging standard allows the Arcfire to reach a 75-percent charge in just 30 minutes.
- The Arcfire’s elegant satin metal design is futuristic without being overly trendy. It’s a design that should age very well.
- The Arcfire is a very discreet vape. The small indicator lights make it easy for you to see the device’s battery level but aren’t likely to draw unwanted attention.
- The Arcfire pod has a side filling port and is well sealed to prevent leaking.
- The Arcfire has a power button that allows you to turn the device off when carrying it in your pocket.
How to Use the Innokin Arcfire
We’ll continue this review of the Innokin Arcfire with an instruction manual that will help you understand how to use the device. Although the Arcfire kit does include a high-quality printed manual, it may not answer all of your questions. We’ll try to fill in the gaps here.
How to Charge the Innokin Arcfire
Connect the Innokin Arcfire to your computer using the included USB-C cable to charge the battery. When the Arcfire charges, the indicator lights on the side of the device pulse as the battery gauge fills. When all three lights pulse, charging is nearly complete. The lights turn off when the Arcfire is fully charged.
If your Innokin Arcfire blinks eight times when you puff on it, it means that the battery is dead.
How to Fill the Innokin Arcfire Pod
To fill the Arcfire pod, remove it from the device and open the silicone cover on the side. Add e-liquid until the pod is almost full and close the cover. If you’re using a new Arcfire pod for the first time, wait five minutes before vaping.
How to Use the Innokin Arcfire
Once you’ve charged the device and filled the pod, using the Innokin Arcfire is easy – just puff on the pod’s mouthpiece as if you were smoking a cigarette. If nothing happens when you puff on the Arcfire, it means that the device is turned off. Press the power button three times to turn the device on.
When the Arcfire’s indicator lights blink eight times, it’s time to recharge the battery. As you use the device, the lights will let you know how much battery life remains. If only one light illuminates when you puff on the device, the battery is nearly dead.
How Long Does the Arcfire Pod Last?
You should get several days of high-quality performance with the Arcfire pod as long as you use a premium e-liquid without added sweeteners. Sucralose and other sweeteners will shorten the pod’s life. It’s also important to keep the pod topped up as you use it. When the pod is one third full, it’s time to add more e-liquid. If the pod tastes burnt or drops sharply in vapour production, you should replace it.
Does the Innokin Arcfire Work While Charging?
The Innokin Arcfire is not designed to work while charging. Using the device while it charges will reduce the battery’s lifespan.
How to Fix Problems with the Innokin Arcfire
If you’re new to vaping or experience an issue with the Innokin Arcfire that’s not described in the printed instruction manual, you may find it helpful to have some troubleshooting advice. In this section of our review, we’ll explain what you should do if you encounter one of the problems that people occasionally report with the Arcfire.
Innokin Arcfire Not Charging
Is your Innokin Arcfire not lighting up when you connect the charging cable? Don’t forget that the device’s lights turn off when the battery is fully charged. If you’re certain that the battery isn’t charged already, follow these three steps to fix the issue.
- Don’t use a tablet or mobile phone charger with the Innokin Arcfire. Innokin recommends charging the device through your computer or a certified five-volt mains adapter.
- Try charging the Arcfire with a different USB-C cable.
- Make sure that the Arcfire’s charging port isn’t dirty. Use a toothpick to clear away any lint or dust.
Innokin Arcfire Not Working
If your Innokin Arcfire isn’t working when you puff on it, follow these steps to fix it.
- Turn the device on by pressing the power button three times.
- Charge the battery fully.
- Remove the pod and check for a leak under it. If you find e-liquid under the pod, dry the Arcfire completely with a paper towel.
- Make sure that the contacts on the bottom of the pod are clean and that the pod is fully inserted into the device’s chamber.
- Replace the pod with a new one.
Innokin Arcfire Leaking
The Arcfire pod is well sealed and shouldn’t normally leak. If a leak does occur, follow these three steps to prevent it from happening again in the future.
- Don’t fill the Arcfire pod all the way. Always leave a small amount of air at the top of the pod to allow room for the plug.
- Make sure that the plug is completely closed after filling the pod.
- Puff gently when you use the Arcfire. If you puff too firmly, you may force e-liquid out of the pod’s coil assembly and into the airflow channel, which will cause the pod to leak.
Innokin Arcfire Tastes Burnt
If your Innokin Arcfire tastes burnt when you puff on it, the correct solution will depend on how long you’ve been using the pod.
- If the pod is new, you’re probably not allowing sufficient time for the wick to refresh itself between puffs. After puffing on the Arcfire, wait several seconds before puffing again.
- If you’ve been using the pod for a while, the burnt taste indicates that a layer of residue has collected on the pod’s heating element and is altering the pod’s flavour quality. It’s time to replace the pod.
Innokin Arcfire Review: Final Thoughts
The Innokin Arcfire is an ideal vape kit for new and intermediate vapers alike. It’s small, stylish and incredibly easy to use – all of the things you’ll want if you’re new to vaping. At the same time, the Arcfire is also a good choice if you’re currently using an entry-level device like a traditional e-cigarette or pre-filled pod system and want to upgrade to something that offers better vapour production. With the impressive performance of the new Arc coil, the Arcfire provides a supremely satisfying experience for those with higher nicotine requirements.
Innokin Arcfire: Pros
- Extremely affordable starter kit that includes a free bottle of e-liquid
- Brushed metal exterior is fashionable but timeless
- Physical power button allows you to lock the device and prevent accidental activation
- Arc coil provides excellent vapour production for a small device
- Two different pods allow you to customise your experience
Innokin Arcfire: Cons
- Only suitable for the mouth-to-lung inhaling style