Voopoo Drag S£25.99
Value for Money10.0/10
Ease of Use9.0/10
- Great price for the features
- Luxurious leather finish
- GENE chipset fires all coils instantly
- Offers both inhale- and button-based firing
- Wide assortment of supported coils
- Proprietary device but has a 510-thread adapter available
- Some may dislike the score mode, but it's avoidable by skipping the associated firmware upgrade
The Voopoo brand has been famous within the vaping community for many years now thanks to the company’s commitment to non-stop technological advancement. It all began with the development of the ground-breaking Gene chipset, which allowed Voopoo’s vape mods to fire almost any coil instantly without the need for the lengthy preheating time that high-end coils previously required.
Voopoo has remained at the forefront of vaping technology since then and was one of the first companies to jump on the pod vaping trend when vapers began to demand refillable pod-based devices. The Voopoo Drag S is one of Voopoo’s most advanced pod vapes to date, and it is the clearest possible representation of the company’s vision for what a true luxury pod system can be.
The Voopoo Drag S has made our list of the best vapes in the UK! Click the link to view the full list.
How Much Does the Voopoo Drag S Cost?
The Voopoo Drag S kit costs just £25.99 through our link. It’s available in five different colours and includes the Drag S device along with a Voopoo PnP pod, two Voopoo PnP coils, a USB-C charging cable and some product literature. Although the device does include two coils, it’s a good idea to add a box of extra coils to your cart before checking out because you wouldn’t want your last coil to burn out unexpectedly.
Voopoo Drag S: Specifications and Features
We’ll continue our Voopoo Drag S review with a list of this device’s basic specifications along with a summary of the features that make it distinct from other vape mods and pod mods. What can you expect your experience to be like when you use this device? Here’s an overview.
- Device Type: Refillable pod mod
- Battery Capacity: 2,500 mAh
- Operating Power: 5-60 watts
- Charging Port: USB-C, 2A
- Pod Capacity: 2.0 ml
- Coil Resistance (Pre-Built PnP Coils): 0.15-1.0 ohm
- Coil Resistance (RBA Coil): 0.1-3.0 ohm
- Firing Style: Both puff-based and button-based
- Between the gently curved exterior and the soft leather outer wrap, the Voopoo Drag S is a true luxury vape mod that’s a pleasure to look at and to hold.
- A built-in tab provides full airflow control. Between the adjustable airflow and the large selection of pre-built coils, the Voopoo Drag S adapts itself easily for both the mouth-to-lung and direct-to-lung inhaling styles.
- The Voopoo Drag S includes the latest iteration of the Gene chipset, which can fire a coil in as little at 0.001 of a second.
- The Voopoo Drag S can automatically identify any installed pre-built coil and suggest an appropriate operational wattage for that coil. Alternatively, you can also put the device in RBA mode and choose your own wattage.
- Although the fact that the Voopoo Drag S is a pod-based device means that it is proprietary, there are so many PnP coils available that you should have no trouble finding one perfectly matching your desired characteristics for airflow and intensity. If you should ever want to use the Drag S with a third-party tank in the future, a 510-thread adapter is available.
Voopoo Drag S vs. Drag S Pro: What Are the Differences?
You may have noticed that the Voopoo Drag S comes in two versions. There’s the original Drag S, and there’s also the Drag S Pro. Here are the differences between the two devices.
- The Voopoo Drag S has a built-in 2,500 mAh battery. The Drag S Pro is designed to use a single removable 18650 battery, which is not included with the kit.
- The Voopoo Drag S has a maximum power of 60 watts, and the Drag S Pro operates at up to 80 watts.
Apart from these two differences, the devices are essentially the same.
How to Use the Voopoo Drag S
We’ll continue this review with a Voopoo Drag S instruction manual that’ll help you understand how this unique device works. Here’s an overview of how to use the Drag S.
How to Charge the Voopoo Drag S
To charge the Voopoo Drag S, connect the device to your computer’s USB port using the charging cable included with the package. When you connect the device to your computer, a battery indicator appears on the screen. When the indicator reads “100%,” the battery is fully charged.
How to Fill the Voopoo Drag S
To fill the Voopoo Drag S, lift the magnetic pod away from the device and turn it upside down. On the underside of the pod, you’ll see the filling hole covered by a silicone plug. Remove the plug and add vape juice through the hole until the pod is almost full. Push the plug back in. If you’re using a new coil for the first time, wait at least five minutes before vaping.
How to Replace the Voopoo Drag S Coil
If your Voopoo Drag S begins to produce a burnt flavour after several days of use, it’s probably time to replace the coil. Wait until the pod is empty before replacing the coil because any e-liquid in the pod may spill out when the coil is removed. To replace the coil, remove the pod and turn it upside down. Pull the old coil out of the pod and push the new coil in all the way. Refill the pod and wait at least five minutes before vaping.
How to Vape with the Voopoo Drag S
If the screen reads “A&P,” you can vape with the Voopoo Drag S either by holding the fire button or by puffing on the device. To change the device’s settings, you’ll also need to know the following additional commands.
- Press the fire button five times to turn the Voopoo Drag S on and off.
- Press the fire and “+” buttons simultaneously to lock the Voopoo Drag S. This keeps the power on but prevents unwanted activation.
- Press the fire button three times to toggle the vaping mode. The Voopoo Drag S has the following modes:
- RBA (R): In this mode, you can manually adjust the device’s wattage with the “+” and “-“ buttons.
- SMART (S): In this mode, the device automatically selects the appropriate wattage for the installed coil.
- Press & Auto (P&A): In this mode, you can use the Voopoo Drag S by puffing on it or by pressing the fire button.
- Press (P): This mode disables puff-based activation and causes the Voopoo Drag S to work with the fire button only.
How to Fix Problems with the Voopoo Drag S
If you already own the Voopoo Drag S and your device isn’t working as expected, you’re in the right place. In this section of our instruction manual, we’ll provide troubleshooting steps for all of the common issues that you might experience with this device.
Voopoo Drag S Not Charging
If your Voopoo Drag S doesn’t display a battery icon when you connect the charging cable, the device isn’t charging. Thankfully, fixing this issue is usually quite painless. Here’s what you should do.
- Don’t try to charge the Voopoo Drag S with a fast-charging adapter such as the mains adapter for a mobile phone. Charge it only by connecting it to your computer.
- Use a different charging cable. If you’re not using the cable included with the Voopoo Drag S, make sure you’re using a USB-C cable designed for power delivery and not for data only.
- Make sure that the device’s USB-C port is free of debris. If you find dust or lint in the port, remove it with a toothpick.
Voopoo Drag S Not Firing
If your Voopoo Drag S isn’t firing when you puff on it or when you press the fire button, start by checking the screen to see if it’s displaying an error message. If you see an error on the screen, scroll down to find a list of error messages for the Drag S and what they mean. If you don’t see an error, follow these steps to fix the device.
- Make sure that the battery of the Voopoo Drag S is fully charged.
- Make sure that the Drag S is turned on (press the fire button five times) and unlocked (press the fire and “+” buttons simultaneously).
- Remove the pod and make sure that the coil is fully inserted.
- Check under the pod to see if e-liquid has leaked from the bottom. If you find a leak, remove all of the e-liquid with a paper towel and try vaping again.
- If the Drag S still isn’t firing, replace the coil.
Voopoo Drag S Leaking
If you remove the pod from your Voopoo Drag S and find e-liquid under it, the pod has leaked. Here’s what you should do to fix the problem and prevent leaks from happening in the future.
- Don’t overfill the pod. If you fill the pod all the way to the top and don’t leave a little room for air, you’ll push some of the e-liquid out of the pod when you replace the silicone plug.
- Make sure that the pod’s plug is completely closed.
- Make sure that the coil is fully inserted and that the coil’s gaskets aren’t stretched or torn. If you see any damage to the coil’s gaskets, you should replace the coil.
- Try to avoid inhaling too firmly when using the Voopoo Drag S. If you use too much air pressure, e-liquid will flood the coil assembly and leak out of the pod’s airflow holes.
Voopoo Drag S Not Auto Firing
If the auto-fire function on your Voopoo Drag S isn’t working – but the device is working when you press the fire button – follow these steps to fix it.
- Make sure that the device’s screen says “P&A” and not just “P.” If the screen only says “P,” press the fire button three times to change the vaping mode.
- Close the airflow tab slightly to increase the air pressure flowing through the device.
- Check under the pod for a leak. If you find e-liquid in the device’s chamber, dry it with a paper towel. Once the device is dry, place your mouth over the chamber and blow firmly to eject any remaining e-liquid from the airflow channel.
Voopoo Drag S Error Messages
If your Voopoo Drag S isn’t working, the first thing that you should always do is check the screen. The Drag S has an intelligent safety circuit and should display an error message if it is unable to operate. Here’s a list of the error messages that the Drag S can display along with some brief instructions explaining what you should do.
- LOCK: The Drag S is locked. Press the fire button and the “+” button simultaneously to unlock the device.
- CHECK BATTERY: The battery in the Drag S isn’t sufficiently charged to continue vaping. Charge the device.
- MAX POWER: You pressed the “+” button when the Drag X was already set to its maximum power of 60 watts.
- TEMP HIGH: The internal temperature of the Drag S is too high. Stop using the device and allow it to cool down. Don’t use the Drag S in very hot environments such as in direct sunlight.
- TIME OUT: You’ve taken a long puff that has exceeded the parameters of the device’s automatic puff limiter. Take shorter puffs.
- ATOMIZER SHORT or CHECK ATOMIZER: The Drag S has either detected a short circuit or isn’t detecting the atomizer coil at all. Make sure that the coil is pushed in fully and check under the pod for a leak. If everything looks fine, replace the coil. If you’re using the RBA coil, check your build.
Voopoo Drag S Review: Final Thoughts
If you’re on the hunt for a great pod mod, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better value than the Voopoo Drag S. Costing just £25.99, the Drag S has every feature that you could possibly want in a high-end vaping device and is a true luxury vape mod in every sense of the word. Combining a sleek and pocketable design with top-notch power and vapour production, the Drag S is easily one of the very best pod mods on the market.
- Extremely low price for the features offered
- Luxurious design features a gently curved body and a soft leather wrap
- GENE chip provides instant firing in as little as 0.001 of a second
- Offers both inhale- and button-based activation, which is rare among pod mods
- Supports a wide array of coils including an RBA
- Proprietary device like all pod mods, but has an RBA coil and a 510-thread adapter available for third-party tanks
- Has a built-in score system available via a firmware download, which some users may not like