Short Fill e Juice Mixing Calculator
Our Easy to use DIY short fill e-Liquid calculator is a simple tool for vapers who wish to try their hand at making e-liquid flavours. It can also be used in order to get the perfect PG/VG mix, nicotine level and flavour.
See the best range of pure 100% UK Short Fill vape juice including a range of 100% VG Short Fill e Juice
Our best Short fill e-Juice calculator is accurate to two decimal places and unlike some short fill calculators also allows for a PG/VG mixed e-liquid and can also account for dilutions. Alternatively for straightforward short fill calculations it offers a very simple UI. (For very accurate PG/VG calculations, not required for short fill, use iExplorer or MS Edge as the “mix-slider” shows exact scale visually, doesn’t render in Chrome)
Short Fill E-Juice Mixing Instructions
The short fill calculator allows for both simple and more complex calculations so that you can use it as a quick tool to get your bulk short fill e liquid mixture exactly right. Alternatively if you want more specific e liquid calculations with specific PG and VG ratios and/or dilutions to be accounted for you can be more specific.
- Enter PG or VG as a base for your nicotine. (Nicotine shot Strength mg/ml normally 12 or 18mg)
- Use slider to control PG/VG mix percent of output. (for short-fill slide it fully left. Only us if you are adding additional components, eg a PG and also a VG nicotine solution )
- Enter the nicotine strength required. (Required Strength mg/ml, normally 3 or 6mg)
- Enter Flavouring percentage (if you are adding 10 ml nicotine shot to 30 ml flavouring then that is 30ml in 40ml total: 30/40 =75%; If adding 2x10ml (20 ml) nicotine shots to 50ml flavouring then that is 50ml in 70ml = 50/70=71.4% )
- Enter Dilution percentage. (Unless using water/vodka to thin leave at 0%)
- Set how much e liquid you’d like to make. (For Short fill add the nicotine shot ml volume to the Flavour Volume ml – in the example at #4. above that would either be 40ml or 70ml)
- For Short fill, after clicking calculate the first three numbers, “VG/PG with nicotine, PG with zero nicotine” and “VG with zero nicotine” added together represents the amount of your “nicotine shot” in mls and the “Flavour” volume is also shown:
Our calculator is free to use, feel free to bookmark it and do share the page.
Head over to the e liquid specialists, Pure-e-Liquids, to buy your pharmaceutical grade flavourings and Nicotine shots. We recommend Vsavi pure Nic-shots and vPure Nicotine shots by Vype, they are both pure clean and simple with no taste so that your flavour shot is not unduly influenced after mixing.
Short Fill Calculation Example
If for example, you have 10ml of nicotine shot which is 18mg (base) strength and you have 30 ml of e-liquid flavour to mix and want 3mg strength e liquid enter the following (this is the calculators default setting prior to use)
- VG/PG Nicotine Base Strength: 18
- Slider fully left. (Only us if you are adding additional components, eg a PG and also a VG nicotine solution)
- Enter your required nicotine strength: 3
- % Flavouring: enter 75%
- Dilution: enter zero
- Quantity to make: 10+30: enter 40
- Press “Calculate” to generate your answers
- Add the first 3 numbers gives you the nicotine shot, (6.67+3.33) 10ml Nicotine, the next number gives the Flavour, 30ml and this then gives you your 3mg/ml Required Nicotine Strength
- If you get the error message “Cannot create solution” it means that with the strength and volumes you have input it is not possible to do. Start again and try lowering the “Nicotine Strength” and/or lowering the “% Flavouring”.
Trying your hand at using our e liquid calculator and making your first concoction
Creating your own e liquid can be great fun. You get to make any flavour you like and its nowhere near as hard as you might think! In no time at all you will be mixing your own using our e liquid calculator. To start with all you need is an idea of what flavour you would like to make, and these ingredients:
- Propylene Glycol
- Vegetable Glycerin
These ingredients are going to be adjusted to meet your individual tastes and you do not need to include nicotine, especially if you are trying to wean yourself off regular cigs and you are working towards a 0mg nicotine level, or your looking to create a 0mg cloud chasing e-liquid.
When using our calculator, if you do want to add nicotine, be sure to stick to between 3mg and 18mg. This is what most people vape at. Please bear in mind undiluted nicotine is extremely dangerous and it can be absorbed through the skin. So you need to be extra careful when using this and make sure you wear protective clothing. Needless to say, keep out of reach of children and pets.
Nicotine is the obvious ingredient, and you will want to make sure you mix your juice to the nicotine level that’s right for you. The level of nicotine is expressed in milligrams per millilitre (mg/ml or mg for short). Again use proper equipment, clothing and gloves and obviously keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
VG/PG Ratio when using E liquid Calculator
When choosing your PG/VG ratio bear in mind that PG is best for getting a cigarette “hit” or “throat hit” which is great for enjoying vaping, for example vaping with a beer and getting that cigarette nicotine hit which could help you avoid regular smoking. This is all of course personal preference. VG on the other hand is the stuff that creates the thickest vapour though VG does not let your body absorb nicotine as easily as PG will. It will give a smoother drag and more vapour. A high VG ratio for example 80% VG:20% PG is what vapers might use for “cloud chasing” or some people even use 100% VG. We would suggest for your first e liquid to use a mix of around 50/50.
e-Liquid Flavouring Mix
Flavouring is totally up to you. You can add as much or as little as you want. Some flavours like aniseed are very strong and you may find that you will need less volume.
What other tools do I need?
To get started immediately with our e liquid mixing calculator, you will need:
Our Short fill E liquid Calculator
That’s it, your all set to go ahead and make your own e juice. Good luck with using our calculator and if you have any feedback for us get in touch via social media:
For an example, we will make 50ml of 3mg solution with a 80% flavour say. We will aim for 50% vg 50% PG. We will use a base nicotine strength of 18mg.
Our calculator will show that we need the following amounts of ingredients:
8.3ml vg/pg base nicotine
0.84ml of PG
0.84ml of VG
40ml of flavouring
If your nicotine is in one bottle, ie you are not using separate PG and VG nicotine then the top 3 numbers add up to how much nicotine shot you should use, in the example above that would mean 8.33+0.84+0.84=10ml of nicotine shot at 18mg strength and 40ml of flavouring to achieve 50ml total e liquid at 3mg strength. Generally because of the relative proportions it is your Flavouring that influences your overall PG/VG ratio.
You will notice that the base strength is 18mg, but we are using 3 times that in volume of flavour liquid, hence the final result of 3mg product. Now your ready to put your eliquid into a bottle, shake it well, and put it on a shelf for a week or two to let the flavour develop (Steeping). Be sure to write down what you did so if you really like it when you go to try it, you can make it again!
We wish you best of luck with our e liquid calculator – Happy vaping!
If you would like to look at some pre-made premium e liquids in addition to using our calculator, feel free to head over to our best e liquid page.
Copyright © ecigreviewsite. All Rights Reserved. Do not reproduce or use ANY part of this calculator or the script herein for any reason without our prior written permission. Mixing e-liquids can be dangerous, use proper equipment in a sterile environment. Use only pharma grade e-Liquid ingredients. Some e-liquid mixtures perform better in certain vape pens, vaporizers, mods and tanks than in others.