Geekvape Aegis Legend 2£59.99
These days, it’s easy to get the impression that vape mods haven’t evolved a great deal over the past several years. Many of the best vapes today are pod mods, which are great devices in their own way but aren’t necessarily what all vapers are looking for. A pod mod offers excellent performance in a small package, but it’s also a proprietary device that doesn’t work with third-party tanks unless it has a 510-thread adapter – and if you’re going to use a 510 adapter, you might as well buy a traditional vape mod. With all of the manufacturers focusing their energy on pod mods, though, it sometimes seems as though traditional vape mods haven’t received any truly revolutionary new features in a while.
In this Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 review, we’re going to clear one thing up right away. If you’re looking for a vape mod with some revolutionary new features, the Aegis Legend 2 definitely isn’t it. Everything that this device does, though, it does extremely well. It looks great and feels great in the hand. It also offers some impressive new durability enhancements that you’ll find extremely useful if you’re hard on your vaping devices.
So, should the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 be your next vaping device? In this review, we’ll explain everything that you need to know.
How Much Does the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 Cost?
The Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 kit costs £59.99 and includes the Aegis Legend 2 device along with the Geekvape Zeus Z tank, two replacement coils, an instruction manual and a USB-C charging cable. Note that this device requires two 18650 batteries, which you will also need to buy if you don’t already have a matched pair of batteries that you want to use.
Geekvape Z coils cost £10.99 per box and are sold in packs of five. We strongly recommend adding at least one box of replacement coils to your order when buying the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2, especially if it’s your first high-power vape mod. Vape coils can sometimes burn out more quickly than you’d expect, especially if you’re using heavily sweetened vape juice.
Purchased through our link, you’ll enjoy free next-day shipping on the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 along with same-day dispatch if your order is placed before 4 PM Monday-Friday.
Geekvape Aegis Legend 2: Specifications and Features
We’ll open our review of the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 with an overview of how this device works and what the special features are that differentiate it from other vapes.
- Device Type: Full-sized vape mod with sub-ohm tank
- Battery Capacity: Dual removable 18650 batteries (not included)
- Operating Power: 5-200 watts
- Vaping Modes Supported: Wattage mode, temperature control mode (Ni, Ti, SS and custom), custom power curve mode, bypass mode
- Charging Port: USB-C with water-resistant silicone cover
- Display: 1.08-inch colour TFT display
- Tank Capacity: 2.0 ml
- Supported Coil Resistance: 0.1-3.0 ohm
- Firing Style: Button-based firing
- The Aegis Legend 2 offers an unprecedented level of protection from the elements. It meets the IP68 standard for ingress protection, which means that it’s water resistant for up to 30 minutes in a depth of up to 1.5 metres. It’s also shock resistant and impermeable to dust. The Aegis Legend 2 supports an extremely wide range of operating temperatures and can work in extreme cold or heat.
- It’s a true luxury vape mod with a soft outer leather wrap that feels great in the hand.
- A physical locking switch prevents accidental activation. If you’re going to carry the device in your pocket, simply flip the switch to disable the fire button.
- The large full-colour screen provides a wealth of information at a glance and is very easy to read.
What Coils Work with the Geekvape Zeus Z Tank?
Being a true full-featured vape mod with a universal 510 thread, the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 will work with whatever vape tank you’d like to connect to it. We think you’ll be a big fan of the included Zeus Z tank, though, which features a top airflow vent and operates in almost complete silence. The Zeus Z works with the full range of Geekvape Z coils, and all the coils in the series are optimised for direct-to-lung inhaling. Here’s what’s available.
- Z0.15 Coil: 0.15 ohm. Recommended power range of 80-90 watts.
- Z0.15 SS316 Coil: 0.15 ohm. Recommended power range of 60-70 watts.
- Z0.15 XM Coil: 0.15 ohm. Recommended power range of 70-85 watts.
- Z0.2 Coil: 0.20 ohm. Recommended power range of 70-80 watts.
- Z0.25 Coil: 0.25 ohm: Recommended power range of 45-57 watts.
- Z0.4 Coil: 0.40 ohm: Recommended power range of 50-60 watts.
How to Use the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2
The Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 includes a printed instruction manual, and you’ll find that the manual is actually better than what you’ll get with most vaping devices apart from the print being extremely small. Even with the included manual, though, you might find it helpful to have a quick-start guide that gets you up and running with the Aegis Legend 2 quickly – especially if this is your first full-sized vape mod. In this section of our review, we’ll provide a quick instruction manual that’ll help you get started with this device in just a few minutes.
How to Charge the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2
Before you can charge the Aegis Legend 2, you’ll need to install a pair of 18650 batteries. Push the switch on the bottom of the device to open the battery door. Install a matched pair of batteries, making sure that the batteries’ terminals match the positive and negative indiators on the battery door. Close the door and push gently until it clicks into place. To charge the Aegis Legend 2, connect it to your computer’s USB port using the USB-C charging cable included in the package. Watch the screen to know when the batteries are done charging.
How to Fill the Zeus Z Tank
The Geekvape Zeus Z tank has removable top hardware to enable quick filling. Simply grasp the hardware under the mouthpiece and twist it off to open the tank. Place the nozzle of your e-liquid bottle in the filling hole, which is positioned to the side of the tank’s centre chimney. Fill the tank until the level of e-liquid reaches the top of the glass bulb and screw the tank’s hardware back on. If you’ve just installed a new coil or are filling the Zeus Z tank for the first time, let the tank rest for several minutes to ensure full saturation of the cotton before vaping.
How to Vape with the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2
To use the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2, start by tapping the activation button five times to turn the power on. After booting, the Aegis Legend 2 should use the wattage-based vaping mode by default, indicated by “POWER” at the top of the screen. Press the “+” and “-“ buttons to set the device to a low wattage. As the coil breaks in, you can increase the wattage slowly until the desired level of intensity is reached.
How to Replace the Zeus Z Coil
When the coil in the Zeus Z tank no longer produces an acceptable flavour, it’s time to install a new coil. To do that, disconnect the tank from the Aegis Legend 2 and invert it. Twist the tank’s bottom hardware counterclockwise to remove it and pull the old coil straight up to remove it from the tank’s chimney. Push the new coil into the chimney and close the tank. After refilling the tank, wait at least five minutes before you resume vaping.
How to Troubleshoot the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2
We’ll conclude this review with an explanation of the steps that you should perform if your Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 isn’t functioning as you expect. The Aegis Legend 2 is a fairly complex device – even compared to many other vape mods – which means that the device can sometimes behave in unexpected ways depending on how you configure or use it. In this section of our Aegis Legend 2 instruction manual, we’ll explain how to resolve some of the issues that you might experience with this device.
Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 Not Charging
When you connect a USB-C cable to the Aegis Legend 2’s charging port, a charging indicator should immediately appear on the screen. If that doesn’t happen, follow these steps.
- Try connecting the Aegis Legend 2 to a different power source such as a computer’s USB port. If you’re already trying to charge the device through a computer, try using a different computer.
- Replace the charging cable. USB cables are notorious for failing suddenly, and using a different cable will almost always fix a vaping device that isn’t charging.
- Clean the Aegis Legend 2’s charging port. If the port is clogged with dust or lint, remove it with a toothpick.
Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 Not Working
If your Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 isn’t creating vapour when you try to use it, here’s some advice that can help you fix the problem.
- Move the locking switch on the side of the device.
- Push the activation button five times to turn the Aegis Legend 2 on.
- Confirm that the Aegis Legend 2 has batteries installed and is charged. If nothing happens when you connect a charging cable to the Aegis Legend 2, refer to the section above this one.
- Remove and reseat the tank. This will resolve many of the error messages that you might experience with the Aegis Legend 2.
- Check for leaked e-liquid in the device’s threading. If the threading is wet or dirty, clean it thoroughly with cotton swabs.
Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 Screen Not Turning On
If the screen on your Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 isn’t turning on, the device is probably in stealth mode. To turn the screen back on, hold the fire button, the “+” button and the “-“ button simultaneously for two seconds.
Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 Review: Final Thoughts
As we explained at the beginning of this review, the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 definitely isn’t a revolutionary device. In terms of its raw capabilities, it’s similar to any other high-end vape mod. Its capabilities are also similar to those of the other mods in the Geekvape Aegis series, apart from its increased environmental resistance and refined appearance. In other words, the Aegis Legend 2 probably isn’t a necessary purchase if you already own the original Aegis Legend and are still happy with it.
With that being said, there’s no doubt that the Aegis Legend 2 is definitely one of the best vape mods on the market today. In terms of fit and finish, you’re not likely to find a better mod anywhere. Between the perfectly machined components, the high-grade leather wrap and the shock-resistant silicone guards, the Aegis Legend 2 is a device that looks spectacular and feels great in the hand.
You’re also not likely to find another vape mod with better durability than the Aegis Legend 2. The engineers at Geekvape have been producing dustproof and water-resistant devices for several years now, so you’d think that other manufacturers would have latched on to the trend by now. So far, though, that hasn’t actually happened. If you want a vape mod that’s guaranteed to resist the wear and tear of your active lifestyle, you’re really going to like the Geekvape Aegis Legend 2.
- Superb physical design – metal components fit together perfectly and are beautifully polished, and leather wrap feels great in the hand
- IP68-grade protection from dust and water
- Resistant to shock and extreme temperatures
- Performance and specifications are more evolutionary and revolutionary; there isn’t a feature here that you haven’t seen elsewhere