SKE Crystal Bars Review: A New Milestone for Disposable Vapes?£4.95
Value for Money9.5/10
Ease of Use10.0/10
- Mesh coil enhances flavour and vapour production
- Regulated power delivery provides consistent performance
- Stylish design
- Good flavour selection
- Fewer flavour options than a refillable vape
There is no question that disposable vapes have become cornerstones of the UK vaping industry over the past few years. New vapers love the convenience and sleek designs of the devices, and they also love the fact that they’re just as satisfying as tobacco cigarettes. Manufacturers of disposable vapes know how hot this segment of the industry is, and they’re working overtime to leapfrog one another with new technological advancements and stylish designs.
SKE Crystal Bars have been named the best disposable vapes in the UK! Click the link to read the full list.
SKE Crystal Bars are some of the hottest new disposable vapes in the UK market. They’re tiny and incredibly stylish, and they also have a few impressive features that set them apart from other disposables. Is this the industry’s new leader? We’ll cover the details in this Crystal Bar review.
SKE Crystal Bars: Specifications
- Nicotine Strength: 20 mg/ml
- E-Liquid Capacity: 2.0 ml
- Battery Capacity: 500 mAh
- Number of Puffs: Up to 600
- Materials: Food-grade PCTG and stainless steel
- Inhalation Style: Mouth to lung
- Coil Type: 1.2-ohm mesh coil
- Power Level: 11 watts constant regulated output
What Makes SKE Crystal Bars Different from Other Disposable Vapes?
The first thing you’ll notice about Crystal Bars is how different they look from the other disposable vapes currently on the market. With its translucent outer shell and stainless bottom cap, the Crystal Bar is a very impressive vape from a visual standpoint. When you browse through the device’s specifications, though, the details that make this device different from other disposables may not be immediately apparent. Here are the two main technical features that set Crystal Bars apart from other disposables.
- Crystal Bars are among the few disposable vapes on the market with above-ohm mesh coils. Generally, a device with a mesh coil is designed for the direct-to-lung inhaling style. That’s probably not what you want if you’re new to vaping. The Crystal Bar vape is designed for mouth-to-lung inhaling, so you can use it in the same way that you’d smoke a cigarette. The mesh coil allows the Crystal Bar to provide instant vapour production and much larger clouds than average for a device in this size range.
- Each Crystal Bar includes SKE’s advanced Sikary chipset, which provides short-circuit protection and voltage monitoring. The chipset also regulates the device’s operational power to a constant 11 watts, which provides for consistent vapour production throughout the battery’s charge.
How Much Are Crystal Bars?
Crystal Bars are available for just £4.95 each at Pure E-Liquids. Orders over £39.99 ship free, and orders placed before 4 PM are shipped the same day. Customers also earn reward points when buying from Pure E-Liquids; you’ll earn 5 points for every £1 spent, and every 100 points earned will entitle you to a £1 discount on a future order.
How to Use Crystal Bars
Crystal Bars are securely packaged to prevent leaking and ensure that the devices won’t activate accidentally while they’re still in their boxes. After removing the Crystal Bar from the box, tear open the foil package and look for a sticker covering the airflow holes on the bottom of the device. Peel away the sticker and discard it. You’ll also need to remove the silicone plug from the mouthpiece. Once you’ve done those things, the device is ready to use.
To use the Crystal Bar, simply puff gently until the LED illuminates and the device begins to produce vapour. The device has an automatic puff sensor and requires only a little air pressure to activate. After puffing on the Crystal Bar several times, put the device down for a while until you begin to crave nicotine again.
After about two or three days of use, the Crystal Bar will blink when you puff on it. The blinking light means that the battery is dead. At this point, you should dispose of the device responsibly and begin using a new one.
What Are the Best Crystal Bar Flavours?
The biggest selling point of any disposable vape is its flavour selection, and Crystal Bar flavours include something for everyone. Here’s a short overview of this device’s most popular flavours.
- Tobacco: This nutty and smooth tobacco flavour is a perfect starting point if you’re new to vaping and want something that replaces the satisfying taste of a traditional cigarette.
- Menthol: If you smoked menthol cigarettes in the past, you were probably pretty unhappy when they were banned in the UK. Recapture that experience with the ice-cold flavour of Menthol Crystal Bars.
- Fresh Menthol Mojito: Lime and mint blend with a cool menthol finish to give you the experience of drinking a frosty mojito on the beach.
- Tiger Blood: This super-refreshing tropical blend combines a fruity base of watermelon and strawberry with a smooth coconut cream finish.
- Blue Fusion: This classic orchard fruit blend includes notes of raspberry, blueberry and blackberry.
- Green Grape: This straightforward Crystal Bar flavour delivers a blast of sweet, juicy green grapes with every puff.
How Long Do Crystal Bars Last?
Crystal Bars last up to 600 puffs per device. For most people, that’s enough to provide about two to three days of full-time vaping.
How Do You Spot a Fake Crystal Bar?
Being one of the most popular disposable vapes in the UK, Crystal Bar has a number of imitators manufacturing and selling counterfeit versions. Here’s how to spot a fake Crystal Bar.
- An authentic Crystal Bar box has a QR code that’s partially covered by a scratch-off coating. When you remove the coating, you’ll see the device’s authenticity code. Scan the QR code to visit the official SKE website and type the authenticity code to verify that the device is real.
- An authentic Crystal Bar will display the proper UK nicotine warning on the front of the box.
- An authentic Crystal Bar has a best-by date and batch number printed on a white panel near the QR code.
- When you view the Crystal Bar’s transparent mouthpiece from the side, you’ll see that the air channel has a V shape. Some fake Crystal Bars have narrow air channels.
To avoid fake Crystal Bars, always buy from a reliable vape shop and always check the authenticity code before discarding the box.
Crystal Bar Not Working? Try These Tricks
The greatest thing about Crystal Bars and other disposable vapes is that you can always expect them to work properly right from the start. You can remove a Crystal Bar from the box and start vaping immediately – unless, of course, your Crystal Bar isn’t working. Although problems are rare with Crystal Bar vapes, issues may appear from time to time. Here’s how to fix them.
Crystal Bar Blinking
If your Crystal Bar blinks when you puff on it, it means one of two things.
- The battery is dead. This is probably the case if you’ve been using the device for a couple of days. When the battery dies, dispose of the device responsibly.
- You’re puffing on the device for more than a few seconds at a time. A Crystal Bar has an automatic puff length limiter to prevent the device from overheating. Take shorter puffs to prevent this from happening.
Crystal Bar Not Hitting
Is your Crystal Bar not hitting when you puff on it? Try these steps to fix the problem.
- Check to see if the light is blinking when you puff on the device. If it is, the battery is dead. Dispose of the device responsibly.
- If you’re using a new Crystal Bar, make sure that you’ve removed the sticker from the bottom of the device. The sticker covers the device’s airflow holes, so the Crystal Bar won’t work until it is removed.
- Try increasing the firmness of your puffs to increase the volume of air flowing through the device.
- If your Crystal Bar still doesn’t work, return it to the point of sale. Pure E-Liquids, for example, guarantees that purchased devices will not be dead on arrival. Read their return policy.
Crystal Bar Weak Hits
Since Crystal Bars have mesh coils, you should never have to be concerned about weak hits – most disposable vapes don’t produce anywhere near the volume of vapour that this device does. If a Crystal Bar seems to be weak in terms of flavour or intensity, try these tricks to fix the problem.
- Wait several seconds after each puff to give the device’s wick sufficient time to absorb more e-liquid. If the wick isn’t fully saturated, you’ll get a weak hit.
- Cover one of the airflow openings on the bottom of the Crystal Bar with your finger to make the vapour warmer.
If you’ve been using the Crystal Bar for a few days – but the battery hasn’t died yet – the flavour may become weaker because the device is nearly out of e-liquid. This is normal, and it means that you need to replace the device soon.
Crystal Bar Not Lasting Long
The Crystal Bar lasts up to 600 puffs under ideal conditions, but your personal experience with this device will depend on how you use it. If you find that your Crystal Bars aren’t lasting as long as you think they should, follow these tips.
- Take shorter puffs. The 600-puff capacity of the Crystal Bar is based on an average puff length of about one second.
- Don’t vape mindlessly; put the Crystal Bar down when your nicotine cravings are satisfied. The device will last longest if you only use it when you’re truly craving a cigarette.
Crystal Bar Tastes Burnt
If your Crystal Bar produces a burnt flavour – and you’ve been using the device for a while – it’s most likely out of e-liquid. If you’re getting a burnt flavour from a new device, though, try waiting a bit longer between puffs. Using the Crystal Bar causes the coil’s wick to become dry, and you’ll get a burnt flavour if you immediately puff on it again. Wait a few seconds for the wick to absorb more e-liquid.
SKE Crystal Bars Review: Final Thoughts
Whether you’re already a fan of disposable vapes or are looking for your very first device, it’s likely that you’ll be a big fan of the SKE Crystal Bar. Thanks to this device’s mesh coil, it’s noticeably more satisfying than other disposable vapes in the same size range. The stylish design also represents a significant leap forward for the industry, and it’s a look that other manufacturers will almost certainly copy in the near future.
SKE Crystal Bars: Pros
- Mesh coil dramatically improves vapour production compared to other small disposable vapes
- Flavour selection includes tasty options for everyone
- Stylish translucent design draws the eye without being over the top
SKE Crystal Bars: Cons
- As with all disposable vapes, the flavour selection is a bit limited compared to a refillable device