The era of the pod has well and truly arrived, which means vape equipment is getting smaller, sleeker and cooler. One that ticks all of those boxes from first impressions is the iQ One, a new arrival from Hangsen. The team behind the iQ Air and many other pod kits know a thing or two about smart technology that packs a punch, so this device comes with great expectations. Let’s see how it performs.
Best Pod Category Winner: The iQ One
Product Build Quality - 90%
Vapour Production & Flavour - 87%
Ease of Use - 90%
Versatility, Nic Salts, e liquids, Sub Ohm Function - 90%
Price - 80%
The iQ One really is suitable for a huge range of vapers. If you’re a beginner and want something slick with high build quality, it’s ideal. With leather feel and solid stainless steel, at under £30 you have an absolute bargain. If you’re a former smoker and want a smooth but tight draw, you’ll get along really well. Even if you’re a sub-ohm vaper who loves massive clouds, you can get some major enjoyment out of the iQ One sub ohm functionality without the all the fuss.
iQ One Pod Kit Contents
- 1 x Battery
- 1 x Atomizer (Empty)
- 1 x Mini USB Charging Cable
- 1 x 0.6 ohm Coil
- 1 x 0.8 ohm Coil
- 1 x User Manual
iQ One Features
- Weight (Per kit) – 111.6 kg
- Size – 103.2 x 33.8 x 17.9 mm
- Body – Zinc Alloy
- Battery – 1100 mAh
- Tank Capacity – 2 ml
- Voltage – 3.7 V
- Resistance – 0.8 ohm/0.6 ohm
- Charging – 5 V
- Two Colour Options – Silver / Gold
- Removable Top Cap
- Adjustable airflow
- LED Light Indicator – battery level.
iQ One First Impressions
Upon unpacking, it’s clear the device’s look and feel was a key focus point for the development team. The leather exterior and gold, silver or coloured embellishment is not only pleasing on the eye but it feels great in the hand. It is a lightweight device but it doesn’t feel as flimsy as some of the other pods on the market – you don’t feel as though you’ll accidentally leave it somewhere or that you’ll drop it without noticing.
Using Your iQ One
- The device comes with an 0.6 ohm and 0.8 ohm coil, so you can switch up as per your preferences for PG or VG e-liquids. The coils are easy to install and the cartridge and top cap connect to the pod magnetically, so there’s very little faff during set up.
- The rubber stopper is a refreshing change to the usual and fits snug, suggesting that leaks will be minimal. It’s easily charged via a mini USB cable on a port on the side – no qualms from us so far.
- There is a side micro USB port with an LED battery level indicator, red shows less than 30% charged, blue 30 to 70% and green is fully charged. Air flows are here and on the base of the One.
- Replaceable coils, 0.6 Ohm and 0.8 ohm which facilitate excellent vapour production.
- Temperature protection circuits to give anti dry-burn protection – no dry hits.
- Air-flow is controlled from the knurled adjuster on each coil. I prefer it fully opened for a free easy draw.
- High power 1100 mAh battery will last all day.
- Unlike many devices the iQ One is suitable for 100% VG e liquid (use the 0.8 ohm coil for best results)
A big selling point for this device is that with the optional coils, you can vape your usual e-liquid (freebase nicotine), or you can switch to nic salts if you prefer. It pumps out a nice amount of vapour from the first draw, there’s a good amount of heat, intense flavour and it’s effortlessly smooth – a real delight upon first vape.
Hangsen say that the iQ One is engineered for smokers and with the adjustable airflow, you can get a really tight draw if that’s what you require. If you prefer a less tight draw, it’s super simple to move the airflow slot around on the coil and test out a few options until it’s right for you.
When it comes to tech, the 1100 mAh durable battery means that battery life is impressive, and it takes virtually no time at all to charge to full again. Since using, we’ve actually never moved into the red zone while vaping for a considerable amount of the day and charging overnight. If you’re an all-day vaper, you should keep the cable handy, just in case you need to top up the battery life during the day.
The multiple protection mode is sure to please those who’ve been stung by unreliable apparatus before. Its capabilities prevent short-circuiting, overcharging, overheating, low power and powering an empty cartridge, so it should protect your coils nicely.
This device is pretty much incapable of leaking, but there can be some residue around the cartridge if it’s exposed to too much movement. Like all vape pens, pods and mods, the more you throw it around, whether it’s in a bag or pocket, the more you’re likely to see some movement from the e-liquid. Making sure you have a tissue handy to keep the device clean and dry is integral to lengthening the life of it.
This device really is suitable for a huge range of vapers. If you’re a beginner and want something slick, it’s ideal. If you’re a former smoker and want a smooth but tight draw, you’ll get along really well with it. Even if you’re a sub-ohm vaper who loves massive clouds, you can get some major enjoyment out of the iQ One.
Setting up, refilling and replacing parts of the pod is so easy, you could do it with your eyes closed and with the overall look and feel really adding to the overall experience, it immediately boosts your street cred. We had a number of people ask what the device was while out and about, so it’s sure to be a popular one. This is a really smart piece of tech, and it gets a high rating from us.